So today was my appt. with the orthopedic dr. Honestly, I didn't go in expecting the outcome I received. The dr. came in and messed with my leg a little. He asked if I'd had x-rays done previously (yeah.. 4 months ago) and asked if they x-ray'd my back as well. I said no. So, I went and had x-rays of my hip and back. Not 10 min. later he walks into the room and says your hip is fine. It had stayed in place since my last chiro. appt on Mon. However, he showed me my back x-ray. Low and behold my back is broken!!!!!!! Oh geez! I really did it this time. I could clearly see it on the x-ray. My 3rd disc has a big crack on the corner and there is a big gap between the disc and the broken piece. Obviously it hadn't started healing itself in the last 4 months. Now it all makes since!!! This explains why my back had been hurting. All along, I thought it was hurting because of my hip. My hip was dislocated because the way I'd been walking for 4 months. Since my hip was put back in on Mon. my back has been absolutely killing me. Pain that I can't stand. Since my hip is in place, my back is now where it should be and all the pressure now is on my back and on the broken part. Maybe I like the dislocated hip better. So I have to have an MRI done sometime next week. I'm not sure what they will do after that. Some say fuse it together and some say taken the broken piece out. All I know is I've never been in so much pain in my life. Wearing my high heels everyday I'm sure hasn't helped the matter and picking up my kids at school. Needless to say, I didn't get the news I was hoping to hear. I'm not sure what I was expecting to get out of the appt. but a broken back is not it! It really kind of makes me mad, that went I went for x-rays in June they only did my hip and not my back. If they had, I might not be in this world of hurt or at least it would've been taken care of sooner. Sometimes dr,'s are stupid people!!!! There ya have... what was a hip problem is now a back problem. I called my chiro and told him. He said that explains why I'd still been in so much pain and why my back was swollen. Which makes since! So as soon as I know more I will post it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Sheesh Darlene. Sorry to hear the news. Hopefully 2009 will be better for you. My thoughts are with you. However, did your chiro not take xrays before he adjusted you? They should always take xrays the first time seeing you. I hope you get better and I hope you don't have to go through anything. Thinking of you.- Skye
Post a Comment